Let’s talk Navy
It’s been daunting, to say the least, about this whole new chapter in my life that I’ve embarked on. I’ve mentioned this before, but in so many ways I have been shielded from all of it simply because I am living in a different country to B. However, that’s not to say that I haven’t been trying to actively learn about this new adventure. And with that, perhaps I should share with you what I have learned so far. As to whether it is right, well… HAHA I guess we will find out together!!
So first, let’s talk acronyms. And I’ve already experienced that with B when he is speaking about something or another in acronyms as if I’m up to speed on his vocabulary!! It’s funny because he’s always asking me terminology I’ve picked up over the years from having lived in London. Phrases, expressions that quite frankly most people I chat with back in London and here just understand. It’s not a new “language”, but for him, it very much is. For example, most of you understand what I mean by “Going on the piss” or “Damn, I’ve left my brolly behind”… Anyway, I digress!!
Acronyms you will hear me use now and more so in the future:
- E-1 or 2 or 3 (Goes up to E-9 apparently): These are the rankings of enlisted sailors. B started off as an enlisted sailor
- O-1, O-2, etc: Officer rankings. O-10 is the top dog. O-3 is Lieutenant. O-6 is a Captain.
- CO: Commanding Officer
- DH: Department Head
- MILSO: Military Significant Other.
- PCS: Permanent Change of Station – So some of you know that B will get PCS’d next year, to where, we do not know until he receives his official orders sometime between March and June, apparently.
- OPSEC: Operational Security. Now listen up lovelies, we are all curious as to when B will be deploying again and when he will be coming back, or if they’ll be making any port calls, but please know I do not know. Well, I have a rough idea, but I don’t know specifics. And also, I’m not allowed to tell you. Even B can’t really tell me.
- PERSEC: Personal Security. The world in the interweb is pretty amazing but scary at the same time. Please don’t use B’s name in full or mention any specifics. Ta
- NWU: Navy Working Uniform. These are the blue cammos they wear on a day-to-day basis.
So obviously this is just a short list. There are so many more acronyms I haven’t listed or really even know about! I will update this list as and when…!